Sunday 20 June 2010

Narcissism equates to becoming a literary artist

I'm sure this happens to all narcissists at some point.

They run out of ideas to blog about. Ideas about themselves, of course.

Now I've been doing some online research about free writing courses. This is to improve my personal writing skills and also for the writing I do for work newsletters and social media updates. I found a site that offers free writing courses from various universities.

I poured through the course descriptions online and found this interesting write up:
"But an equally vital purpose of this particular creative writing course is to offer the student a space in which to explore the mysteries of his or her self. In fact, it is largely by means of self-exploration and self-reflection and self-expression that the best literary art is produced. And for at least the next several months, this is exactly how I would like you to view yourself: as a literary artist."

So they have a nice way of saying that narcissistic blogging is not just ok, but it's GOOD for the creation of a flourishing creative artist. But as I said I have run out of my own stories, so I am probably not destined to be a literary artist, I am probably just going to have to be happy with a blog with 7 followers.

So what to write about? My original aim when I started this blog was NOT to talk about work, I wanted to write a personal blog that was completely and absolutely random and unique to me and had nothing to do with work. Having said that I have met so many incredible people via my work that my next few blogs are going to be about either tremendously inspiring or downright creative and interesting individuals I have had the pleasure of meeting........

I live to meet people that move me and I really can't be bothered with randoms. I know it's very unchristian and all, as you should love your neighbors, but I don't know my neighbors. All I know is I can hear them through the walls in the villa next door, but I do however know some really interesting people that I like and that I want to blog about because they inspire me to want to be a better person and to be more creative.

For a start, why don't you subscribe to my Youth Care Centre Blog - the next few write ups will be about the inspirational volunteers who sacrifice so much of their time to help change the lives of the youth in Durban.

Toodaloo

No comments:

Post a Comment