Saturday 9 March 2013

Ballet flats and getting my exercise mojo back

I have recently been instructed by my doc to ensure I do 1 hour of low impact exercise every day of the week. "5 days a weeeeeeek?" I screech in my head. I am committed to using my cross trainer when I feel like it AKA once every two months. How am I ever going to commit to FIVE days a week!!!!

Luckily I found an awesome personal trainer two houses from me and she does deep stretching and toning sessions for next to nothing per hour. I was dubious at first, having done a lot of yoga and pilates with good instructors back when I was more committed to exercise because her rate was so low. However I have been pleasantly surprised - she is an ex ballerina and totally focussed on posture and quality of movement for every single exercise.

I feel my blood circulating, my core getting stronger and I can already do a few more reps each time I see her. Now I am considering putting the ballet flats that I bought to use and adding an extra ballet session to the mix. She just spent two years training a 38 year old who had never done ballet before right up to doing pointe.

Natalie Portman here I come. (But sorry I can't do 8 hours of training a day) I might take me two years to get to use pointe shoes. But I'll be patient.  Doc 3 days a week is going to have to do for now. I know you will understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment