Thursday 21 July 2011

Bird Seed


It's Thursday night (the rest of the world's Friday night) and I'm in bed munching on Waitrose's wholesome goji, seed and berry mix thinking of my mom. She is such a hippy at heart - I miss her!

When we were young she used to be obsessed with ensuring we ate healthy food. We never ate any purity, formula or processed foods. All our first foods where organic "purity" such as mashed spinach, banana, butternut etc and it was all handmade by her(for all five of us I might add).

We then proceeded to wholewheat sandwiches for school with small portions of nuts and raisins in funky tins. I used to throw a strop because I wanted white ham and cheese sandwiches and a neon plastic lunch box, not a hippy tin with bird seed.

Now all I want to do is eat healthy foods - go figure. Thanks Mama xx

No comments:

Post a Comment